5 Best Watches for Hiking (Unisex Designs)
Hiking is an outdoor activity that requires the right gear to ensure a safe and comfortable experience. A reliable timepiece is an essential item to have on any hiking trip. It will help you to track time and distance, monitor progress, and stay on schedule. Let’s check the 5 best watches for hiking that will serve you well while exploring the outdoors.
1. Garmin Fenix 6 Pro
The Garmin Fenix 6 Pro is just perfect for hiking and here’s why. It has a durable design and is water-resistant to 100m, making it suitable for all weather conditions. The Garmin watch comes with a long battery life, which is ideal for multi-day hikes. The timepiece features GPS, heart rate monitoring, and a compass. So you can easily navigate through difficult terrain. The Fenix 6 Pro model has advanced features such as a pulse oximeter, which measures oxygen saturation in the blood. Price: 599,99 GBP.
2. Suunto 9 Baro
The Suunto 9 Baro is another excellent gear for hiking. It has a long battery life of up to 120 hours, making it perfect for prolonged adventures. It also features GPS, a compass, and a barometer, which can help predict weather conditions. The Suunto piece is durable, water-resistant, and can withstand extreme temperatures. It also features a wrist-based heart rate monitor, making it easy to track your fitness. Price: 419 GBP.
3. Casio Pro Trek PRG-600
The Casio Pro Trek is a budget-friendly option for hikers. It features a rugged design that is water-resistant to 100m and has a battery life of up to 7 months. The watch has a built-in compass, altimeter, and barometer for convenient navigation. This Casio model also has a world time feature so you can switch time zones when hiking abroad. Price: 289 GBP.
4. Polar Grit X
The Polar Grit X is loved for its durable and reliable design. It has a long battery life of up to 40 hours, making it ideal for day hikes. The watch also features GPS, a compass, and a barometer. The Polar timepiece also boasts advanced features such as training load. It measures how much strain you put on your body during exercise. Price: 379 GBP.
5. Timex Expedition Grid Shock
The Timex Expedition Grid Shock is a nice option for beginner hikers. The timepiece has a durable design and is water-resistant to 100m. The Expedition model features a stopwatch, countdown timer, and vibration alarm so you can keep track of time during your trip. There’s also a built-in compass as a standard feature for hiking watches. Price: 89,99 GBP.
What to Look for When Choosing a Hiking Watch
- Hiking can be a rough activity, so your timepiece should be durable enough to withstand the rigours of the outdoors. Look for hiking watches that are shock- and water-resistant. The gear should be made with sturdy materials that can handle bumps, scratches, and falls.
- A long battery life is essential for hiking, especially for multi-day globetrotting. Look for a piece with solid battery life to ensure you won’t run out of power in the middle of your hike.
- A watch with GPS, a compass, and a barometer can help you navigate through challenging trails. This way, you can monitor weather conditions and track your progress. Heart rate monitoring and step tracking can also be handy features to have.
- The size and weight of your hiking watch can make a big difference in comfort while going around. Look for a timepiece that is lightweight and has a comfortable strap, so it won’t feel too bulky on your wrist.
- Timepieces can vary in price, so choose a hiking watch that fits your budget. Consider the features and durability of the gear, and compare it with other options in the same price range.
The 5 watches we have listed above have the characteristics required to withstand the rigours of hiking. They all have features such as GPS and a built-in compass that may stand you in good stead. Hiking watches are highly durable and water-resistant to withstand all weather conditions. Use this guide to pick a timepiece perfect for your hiking needs.