Newfold Farm Edale Campsite Review
Edale was the first campsite that we visited for our very first proper family camping trip. We visited in August 2021 and happened to pick a weekend with loads of rainy and stormy weather. It’s okay though as it taught us that we can survive camping in those kinds of conditions too!
It didn’t ruin our trip and we were very happy with our Newfold Farm campsite. Below is a summary of all the things we loved about this campsite:
- The parking was close to the pitches which made setting up camp (in the rain!) easier.
- Large pitches with plenty of space. You could chose your own pitch.
- Plenty of toilets that were cleaned often and kept in a good condition.
- Showers were also in good condition and free to use. The water was nice and hot.
- Dish washing facilities were also very clean.
- Bin for recycling available.
- Small shop on site for essentials, gifts and souvenirs.
- A lovely pub just next to the campsite called The Old Nags Head with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating and a brilliant menu.
- Freshly made pizzas were supposed to be available on the Saturday but that was cancelled due to the storm which made sense since it was outdoors.
- Picnic tables available to use.
- Close to railway station and visitor centre.
- Lots of stunning nature surrounding the campsite with lots of brilliant hiking opportunities.
We don’t really have any complaints about Newfold Farm Edale Campsite – we thought it was brilliant even in our unfortunate weather conditions.
The only thing I can think to mention is that the toilet cubicles are very small so you can’t go in with your kids easily which can be difficult with young children that need help.
We are planning to return to Edale and would happily stay at Newfold Farm again. Next time we plan to have at least one evening meal in the local pub because we saw the food and it looked great! Hopefully we can pick a weekend with better weather next time and enjoy more of the walks around Edale. We did get some dry, sunny weather on our last day as you can see in the photo above. I can’t wait to have more time to explore the beautiful hills in Edale when we visit next time.